Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 03:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STATEVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 75622 times)
Kamama

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2007, 02:27:39 AM »

Have a great visit this friday.
 ?>?>?>

Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respet, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.
jewels
Account Retired

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2007, 07:00:28 AM »

Have a wonderful visit meli! (*%#
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »

Have a good visit meli,  will wait to hear from you.

Mah  !@#*&$

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

There is a book on Stateville prison.  It looks like there are a lot of others that are now out of print and unavailable.  This is at amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-1530964-0687015?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=stateville&x=10&y=13
waiting4derek

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 08:48:54 AM »

Does anyone have specific information for Stateville Farm? I'm trying to figure out is there is a 5 limit visit imposed each month for an inmate there? There doesn't seem to be good information anywhere and even the visiting room seemed baffled and didn't have the "for sure" answer to that question. Some of the CO's said yes and others said no???

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome to get there.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »

waiting, I think jsmom posted back to you about the farm in another topic where you had asked. Please go to your profile and search out your posts and follow them back. You may find the post quicker this way.  You can also call Stateville and ask them.

Mah

This was her post to you:

waiting...Glad you finally got your news!!! My son left the farm Dec 26. I believe the reason for the limited visits is because they have jobs & don't like to take them from that. The visiting is actually only until 1:30, 2 hour visits. My son was always at his job when we got there for visits & we usually waited about an hour for him to be brought over but we did get our full visit from the time he arrived. We were allowed extra time during one visit when the visiting room wasn't busy & everyone had to leave at 1:30. There are about 20 tables in there...don't remember for sure. The inmate sits facing his visitors in a seat that is slightly raised, 3 seats for visitors. There are only 2 vending machines, one with drinks & the other with snack cakes, chips, etc. The CO's were mostly ok...had one who acted like she was all that!! She got after us when son held his 18 month old nephew...that isn't allowed!!! Vending card is bought from the machine, think it was $1.00 & then $$$$ added as needed. This machine is where you check in at & get shook down. Hope this helps! Any other questions, feel free to PM me

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
jsmom

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »

I checked with my son & he said yes there is a limit of 5 visits per month. The guys all have jobs or will soon after arriving at the farm & therefore the reason for the limit of visits. He said this is in the book the inmates receive with all the rules when they arrive. Hope this helps.  /'.

Live for today
Laugh for the moment
Love forever
Debba

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »

My son arrived at Stateville R&C.  His name came up on the inmate search today, so I have his I Doc#.  My question is... Can I write to him during his stay at Stateville?  This is all brand new for me and my son.  It's a God send that I found this sight so quickly.
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »

Welcome Debba.  Yes, you may write to your son right away and I'm sure he'll appreciate it.  However, the mail service at Stateville is deplorable so it may take awhile for him to receive it.  He may not be able to obtain any 'write-outs' so don't be upset if he doesn't respond.  Have you read our Ten Steps to Understanding the DOC?  If you go through that step by step it'll get you started.  He'll be in reception for about four weeks and until after that's done nothing will be normal....we have lots of information on the site and if you have questions you can't find the answers to please don't hesitate to just ask them.....we all understand exactly what you're feeling right now and we'll hold your hand through this...

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:34 PM »

As a fellow mom, where my child entered IDOC the first time, I certainly understand how you feel.

As Daz mentioned, he will need "write-outs" to write you.  In my experience, a generous soul (always a fellow inmate) lent him one to place us at ease.  Also, another generous soul (a correction officer) may allow him to make a phone call home, so be sure to set up an account with Consolidated.

Again, welcome to IPT!

mamacita

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Welcome Debba to IPT.. we are glad you found us so quickly also.  There are many here, that like Daz said, will hold your hold through your journey with the IDOC.

You might want to check out our TEN STEPS TO UNDERSTANDING THE IDOC here,    http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/topic,1513.0.html    and if you have any questions, please post them.

Mah

onedaycloser

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »

Does anyone know why it takes so long for our loved ones to receive mail while in reception and also to be sent to their parent institution? I just don't understand. It is hard enough for them to be away from us but even harder when you can not communicate with them at all. Not knowing if he is ok is killing me inside.  wc8
zillah

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »

My LO was in R&C for 11 days... I did not get a letter for 3 weeks.  I sent mail and magazines everyday - he did not receive them until he arrived at his parent institution.  He was able to send out a post card to his mom during that time. 

We are all here to help you out, I am sure you will hear from you LO soon. 

wc30

onedaycloser

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

Thanks! So not a good idea to send magazines and books yet
Trishhhhh

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2008, 12:56:26 AM »

I am in the same boat.  My husband has been in reception at Stateville for 10 days now.  I got a post card from him then a letter asking me to send him a little by priority mail because he needed to hear that I was still here for him.  I have been writing him since the day he went there.  I guess he doesn't get them.  wc32
zillah

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »

I should also say that I am in Canada and my mail takes longer to get out there.  It also depends how long he is there.  You never know, he may receive your mail :)

pattykins

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »

My husband is in Stateville R C since 10/24/08. I miss him so badly. He got bussed while we where on our honeymood on Sweetest Day in LaSalle County. He had a Cook County Warrant out for him.  Judge gave him 3yrs. and a drug program to do. I have not heard from him since the morning they where going to ship him out. My mother-n-law recieved a post card from him on 11/1/2008 saying that he was getting my pictures and letters and cards. Just that he wonders when he's going to clear. So he can start his program and get home. We have a beautiful 5 year old girl who is going nuts without her daddy. He means everything to her. And it wasnt good for her to see him get taken from us on 10/18/2008 by 2 LaSalle County Police Officers in handcuffs and etc.
Thanks for hearing me out everyone!!!!
Trishhhhh

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 11:21:24 AM »

pattykins~I know how you feel.  My husband left LaSalle County and went to Stateville.  He was there for 13 days and was transferred to Lawrence last Wednesday and I have not heard from him yet.  He was sent to Lawrence for their drug program.  If you haven't done it yet, sign up for VINE on the IDOC website.  They will send you an email as soon as he gets transferred to his "parent" facility.  Then you can contact Consolidated phone service (if you wish to) and as soon as his phone list is approved, he will be able to call you.  But don't expect it immediately after he transfers.  Like I said my husband has been at his parent facility for a week now and I haven't heard anything yet.  The have to meet with their councelor and do orientation.  It takes awhile.  Sorry to hear about your daughter, I have a 4 year old son that misses his daddy too.  Keep your head up, it will all seem like just a bad nightmare by this time next year.
pattykins

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »

My husband is in Stateville R C since 10/24/08. I miss him so badly. He got bussed while we where on our honeymood on Sweetest Day in LaSalle County. He had a Cook County Warrant out for him.  Judge gave him 3yrs. and a drug program to do. I have not heard from him since the morning they where going to ship him out. My mother-n-law recieved a post card from him on 11/1/2008 saying that he was getting my pictures and letters and cards. Just that he wonders when he's going to clear. So he can start his program and get home. We have a beautiful 5 year old girl who is going nuts without her daddy. He means everything to her. And it wasnt good for her to see him get taken from us on 10/18/2008 by 2 LaSalle County Police Officers in handcuffs and etc.
Thanks for hearing me out everyone!!!!
pattykins

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »

11/12/2008
Hello to everyone. I had gotten a phone call from the IDOC website monday afternoon and they told me that today he had been transferred to Vandalia Correctional Center.  So hopefully I should be hearding from him in another 3 weeks or before thanksgiving day.
Thanks everyone who chated with me, and turned my frowns upside the right way instead of upside down.
Thank You for your prayers and answers, you know who you all are. hthank turkey1 table
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: