Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
VANDALIA ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
STATEVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 07:19:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EAST MOLINE Correctional Center  (Read 61437 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 10:10:49 AM »

East Moline Correctional Center 

Tod Van Wolvelaere, Warden 

Facility Data
East Moline Correctional Center
Opened: November 1980
*Operational Capacity: 1,268 Minimum Security Adult Male
*Population East Moline Correctional Center: 1,158
*Population East Moline Work Camp: 116
*Total Current Population: 1,274
Average Age: 34
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $23,409.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
 East Moline Correctional Center is the parent institution for East Moline Work Camp. 
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted seven (7) visits per month, with no more than three (3) on weekends or holidays.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
100 Hillcrest Road
 East Moline, IL 61244

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 100 Hillcrest Road
 East Moline, IL 61244

Phone: (309) 755-4511
 Fax: (309) 755-0498

Facility Information

The East Moline Correctional Center is designed to provide multiple programs and services to the offender population to help offenders prepare for community reintegration. The facility provides support to surrounding communities assisting with storm and general cleanup. The East Moline Correctional Center continues to strive for individual accountability, increased staff performance, the continuum of programs and services and helping to ensure a safe, secure and holistic correctional environment for staff and the offender population.

East Moline Correctional Center is a minimum security adult male facility. The facility is located in northwest Illinois overlooking the Mississippi River. The facility was converted from a mental health facility in 1980. The facility consists of a total of 26 buildings, which comprise of more than 430,000 square feet. Included at the center are housing units, work camp, administration building, one segregation unit and a 12-bed health care unit. The facility sits on more than 80 acres with 60 acres being enclosed by fencing.

Inmate Programs
 Academic:
 •ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational Services:
•Construction Occupations
•Culinary Arts
•Custodial Maintenance

Industries:
•Laundry

Other:
•Individual and Group Counseling
•Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program
•Health Services
•Psychological Services
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Leisure Time Activities
•Library Services
•Parole School

Chaplaincy Services:
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous
•Worship Services
•Toastmasters
•Tutoring

Community Services (work crews)
•Storm and flood cleanup
•Setup and teardown of local area festivals
•Sandbagging

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/eastmolinecorrectionalcenter.aspx

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Aki

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:30:17 AM »

East Mo.. is known to the inmates as Sweet Mo.. the joint actually looks more like a college campus than a prison. There's only one fence surrounding it, once you're checked in you actually walk about two blocks to the visiting room, which is never locked. The windows in the men's room have windows, much like you have at home and flowered curtains on them. The first time I visited my ex there, it totally blew me away. The staff is very laid back & friendly.. but you have to keep in mind.. no inmate there has more than fours years left and no one is trying to be transferred out, so the environment is very peaceful. I had the warden tell me once they couldn't throw guys over the fence, they'd all be trying to come back in, just to do their time & leave. The men have free movement from first count to sundown, some of the building are air conditioned and a couple have pool tables. Not a bad place to be if you have to do time!!
BoosMom

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »

Aki:
You said in your post that no inmate has >4 years.  Is this a rule?  I thought the rule for Minimum was less than 7 years left. 

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.
Amesballz

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:01:54 AM »

Hey everyone...

My guy has 11 months left to serve, and is interested in a work release program. He said his current facility (Graham) is bad with those, and wants to be transfered to East Moline. Does anyone have any info/stories/comments about the place? I've looked it up on the IL DOC website and read the bio there, but thats pretty helpless.

Thanks!
Amy
SMD

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »

I don't know alot about East Moline, I know they have some leave the prison to work out, for storm damage, and other things...It is allowed alot of movement from a person I know who was in there..
                                                         SMD
blsgrl1231

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 05:28:08 AM »

HI everyone!

Great news... my husband got approved for a transfer to East Moline!!!! We are very excited. Now I will only have to drive 3 hours instead of 7....yippee!! Anyway, can anyone give me a little idea about how it is there.... like how busy is it for visiting on weekdays and weekends? How are the COs? How is the vending machine situation? I would appreciate any info.

././/

Jennifer
jewels
Account Retired

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:06:07 AM »

That really is great news blsgrl!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »

Good Luck to your H, I hope it goes through quickly and he is happy at East Moline!   &*&  I would be happy too, knocking 4 hours off of the drive!  )(*_

Hope one of our members can help with your other questions!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »

I drive  7 hours each way so I KNOW how important it is to be able to just drive  3 hours!  It makes it possible to visit much more often.  Congrats!  I hope he likes it better there.  Hey once he's transferred there,  will you tell me if the rumors that they have curtains on the windows there are true? 
blsgrl1231

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »

Thanks for the kind words jewels, forevermah & dancer and yes dancer, I will let you know about the curtain situation when I find out. :) I haven't gotten any responses yet to my questions. I really would like to know how it is there for visits. Are weekends super busy? Would I be better of going on a weekday? How many visits are they allowed per month there? I hope to hear soon from someone who knows all about East Moline. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

blsgrl  ././/
downtownchicago
Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 12:44:37 AM »

I'm so happy for you, blsgrl !!  That drive is going to seem like nothing compared to what you had been doing !   .>>

Did you see the section of the forum called "Individual Prison Profiles" ?  There's a thread there about East Moline, but there aren't a lot of posts there. You might have to be the person to fill in all of the details.  :-) 
blsgrl1231

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »

You got that right downtown... the drive is gonna seem like an hour. I love it!!! Plus, I won't have anymore overnight trips, so no staying in a hotel for the weekend and I can go to see him a lot more often. This rocks!! And, even more to be happy about... when I pick him up in 10 months and 21 days, we will only have to drive 3 hours home instead of 7!! I'm so excited!! We are hoping it will happen relatively soonbut since it's a popular place, there's a wait for a bed. Either way, he's going soon.

tramp12
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 07:07:53 PM »

I looked last night at East Moline and I see it is a level 6,  a minimum security prison.   I think you could call there and ask how long visits are,  how many days a week,  etc.  Your guy will ask others and have some idea about visiting room rules.  Other wise  be real careful about your dress, and touching at the table,  and look around the visit room. 
blsgrl1231

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »

Yes dancer, I am used to the minimum places, as my husband is currently at a minimum facility. He's at Vienna right now and for the most part it is totally laid back.... most of the co's are really cool. I guess what I really wanted to find out is how crowded it is on weekends. I assume since it is closer to the Chicago area, it will be pretty crowded. If that is the case, I will visit on weekdays.I know he has to wait for a bed to open up and he says a few guys at his place have been waiting a while. Also, does anyone know how many visits permonth are allowed at East Moline.. I know it differs from place to place. I guess I can call there, but I thought maybe someone here would know. I would appreciate any info from anyone.
 ././/
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 06:32:14 AM »

blsgirl, when you go there for the first time and after you find out more information on East Moline, information that we may not already have,  could you possibly post this information on our East Moline Profile page here?

http://xsorbit30.com/users5/illinoisprisontalk/index.php?topic=5609.0

We always appreciate members sharing.

Thanks, Mah

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
jewels
Account Retired

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 06:36:23 AM »

Seems like you are our pioneer for Moline blsgirl!    :~)      Sorry but that means we are counting on you to fill us in with everything!
blsgrl1231

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

Okay, looks like I am gonna be the pioneer for East Moline. As soon as I go there for a visit, which will be who knows when, I will post all the info I get.... no problem.
 .>>
blsgrl1231

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »

Hey everyone!

Well, I am so happy because I finally got to see my husband yesterday after 8 1/2 long months. He's now at East Moline after waiting 6 months to be transferred. Anyway, our visit was awesome... it was so great to see him, touch him, kiss him.... I was and still am on cloud 9!!!

Okay, East Moline is a great facility. My husband says, "if you have to do time, this is the place to do it". The facility is newer and much nicer. There is painted drywall instead of bricks. It is way cleaner... no cockroaches! There are more sinks, toilets, phones. The cells and dayroom are much bigger. The commisary list is huge... they have things like chicken breasts, ice cream, many choices of pop, candies, etc. There's no limit on what you can buy at each store. There is a lot of free movement. Inmates are able to keep their personal things out on their shelves in their rooms instead of shoving everything they own into their box. After being there for six months, if an inmate hasn't gotten any tickets, he can pretty much choose where he wants to be housed. There is an honor house which is supposed to be really nice... that's where the curtains are on the windows!! Phones are on from 8am-10:30pm.

When the inmate gets there, there is no receiving.... he goes right to his assigned cell. There is no waiting for the phone list.... my husband called me the next day. His visit list only took 5 days to get approved. He got a decent job which is good for him.

As for visitation... it's fine. The facility doesn't even look like a prison from the outside.... reminds me of a monestery. It's actually pretty neat looking. The visit room is large and has 4 food machines, a large drink machine and a coffee machine. They have the debit card system there and there is no limit on what you can spend. There are regular tables and chairs which are fairly comfortable.

Anyway, all in all for what it is, it's a great place. It only took me 2 1/2 hours to get there... it's a straight shot down I88. I had been use to driving 7 hours one way to see him, so this was quite nice. I88 is a good road to travel... not a lot of traffic and hardly any semi trucks.... I hate driving next to semi trucks! Of course there was bad fog yesterday, but even with that, it was all okay.

So, there you have it. If anyone has any questions about East Moline, please let me know. I am just so happy I got to see my husband. We had a great visit which was long overdue. I'm just glowing with happiness today!!  .>>

Only 4 months and 30 days and I'll be bringing him home!!

Take care everyone.

blsgrl

sgreetings     

blsgrl1231

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 10:18:02 PM »

Sorry guys-

Correction on the phone times at EMCC... 7:00am-10:30pm.

blsgrl
nvme21

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 01:23:18 AM »

DO ANY ONE NO ABOUT EAST MOLINE VISITS?

we laugh to keep from crying
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: