Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

PINCKNEYVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 11:42:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JACKSONVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 32359 times)
mattgirl

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »

great news guys my man finally got transfered today to jacksonville so now we can get some regular visits and he wont be locked down all day, does anyone know how long it takes to get a visit, or if i sent money thru western union how long it will take before he gets it, thanks guys
 ..)
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 10:58:04 PM »

He has to now go through orientation, put in his visiting and phone lists and get those approved.  At any time now you can send him money so when he is able to go to commissary he will have money on his books to shop.  If you send him a USPS money order, he will get that also by the time he is able to shop commissary.

If you send him a USPS money order, be sure to put his full name, # &  facility name address  and send it to the attention of the Business Office. Make sure you add     Attn:Business Office    and put your full name and address on the money order and envelope... Also, do not send money orders in amounts larger than $50. You can send him any amount up to $50, just nothing over $50 on one money order.

Mah    .>>

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
FREDESTINY

Real Talk

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MATTGIRL, IT TOOK ABOUT 2 WEEKS OR SO TO SEE MY SWEETIE. (*%#
I'M SURE WHEN ITS TIME TO VISIT YOU'LL ENJOY YOURSELF.
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A 1 DOLLAR BILL WITH YOU TO PURCHASE A CASH CARD BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE CHANGE.
YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET ALL THE GOODIES YOUR BABY LIKES.
YOU CAN ADD UP TO 40.00 DOLLAR ON YOUR CARD.
THE MONEY IS NONE REEDEMABLE SO I JUST PUT WHAT I'M GONNA USE THAT VISIT.
I ALWAYS GO ON THE WEEKDAYS, I ALWAYS END UP STAYING LONGER.
IT'S A VERY PLEASENT THERE!!!!!!! ENJOY
 (*%# ..)

mattgirl

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

@(%+~%
does anyone know if you can get married in jacksonville and if you can what are the steps we need to do,  does it take a long time to get it okayed we were trying for 7/7/07 but i am not sure if you get to pick your day  please any info from anyone would be greatful
amy
Locasarai80

I miss my baby

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 12:17:32 AM »

Is this prison out in the middle of no where?

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »

It is approximately 30 minutes from Springfield on Rt. 72 and is right off the highway. You can see if from Rt. 72.  Greene County workcamp is out in the middle of nowhere, a ways away from the prison.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Locasarai80

I miss my baby

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »

He's not "in" the prison..he is in pittsfield work camp..any thoughts?

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »

any thoughts?

Yes, the work camps are in the vicinity of the prison.  Call Jacksonville and ask them what their procedures are for visiting inmates from Pittsfield, do they still bring the guys there, if not, let them give you the address of Pittsfield and mapquest will get you there. 

From the IDOC site under Jacksonville:

Greene County and Pittsfield Work Camps
9:00AM - 3:00PM, seven days a week
All visits must arrive 1 hour prior to the end of visiting time.

The Pittsfield Work Camp opened in September 1996 and houses 400 offenders who must meet stringent criteria to be housed at that facility. The work crew program at Pittsfield has continued to grow due to the closing of Greene County and lack of eligible offenders at Jacksonville to comprise work crews. However, with careful planning and scheduling adjustments, all requests for work crews were granted. Staff and offenders from Pittsfield contributed more than 108,000 hours of community service to churches, schools, municipalities and other not-for-profit groups.

Schrader42

"Happiness is being married to your best friend."

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »

I did go to Jacksonville once and visiting hours are 4 hours long.  If I remember correctly, it's on the right once you get off the highway.  The visiting room is a bit small though.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »

You can visit all day long providing it does not get crowded and they bump you out.  This is for the main prison not the work camps, their visitng hours are shorter and I am not sure how long you can stay.  Call First!

FREDESTINY

Real Talk

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »

Just like to add,
If I am Correct I think the Work Camp vists are over no later than 3pm.
The van service that I use always have alot of passangers that go out to different work camps,but
Like Forevermah said it's best to always call first.

elz

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »

My husband just informed me that the new warden has changed the visiting rules starting Aug 1st.  It will no longer be from 9-8pm 5 visits on any day. Now only 2 weekend visits 5 total a month  and 4 hours visits. My main concern is that fathers will no longer be able to hold the children. I am very irrate about this i don't think that is a positive decision , how will they bond if they can't even hold them. Is there any suggestions? Please i need everyones help.
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

A lot of other prisons have already implemented similar rules.  It is sad if fathers can't hold their children?  This is actually a new rule?  Some prisons only allow one weekend visit per month and much shorter visiting hours.  The IDOC makes their own rules and they don't really care what input visitors have. 

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
elz

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

yeah i know those visiting hours are pretty standard but the fathers not being able to hold their children is what bothers me. do have any numbers for springfield that i might be able to contact to complain?
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »

You might want to start with Inmate Issues:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/topic,10482.0.html

They may be able to register your complaint or direct you to the proper office.  Have you complained to the Warden's office at J'ville also?

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Shari

My Treasures!

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »

With regard to holding children...I know at Danville, they get the normal in and out hug and kiss, but other than that, my boys can only hold his hands.  My boys are still at the lap stage, especially since they hardly see their dad, but it is not allowed.  Shame too as my oldest is a cuddly little guy.

True failure is to never try...

ambrosegrlz

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »

My LO was recently transferred to Jacksonville from Graham. I visited him yesterday and was given a copy of the new visitation rules. In regards to children sitting on their father's laps it states that children over the age of 5 must have their own seat. Father's will still be able to hold their young children.
elz

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 05:42:53 PM »

thank for the info. you are correct i went and asked one of the co's they said it was a misprint .
jimmysgirl08

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »

Does anyone know how many people can visit him at a time here???? I was just wondering this is all so new to me and I am really nervous to go and visit.

Just can't wait to see him!!! Never had to do this before!!!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

Does anyone know how many people can visit him at a time here???? I was just wondering this is all so new to me and I am really nervous to go and visit.

Only four adults at once,and you can bring children, but they have to sit at all times.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: