• July 25, 2016, 03:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2016. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: JACKSONVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 47807 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
JACKSONVILLE Correctional Center
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »
Post info in this thread
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: JACKSONVILLE Correctional Center
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »

Jacksonville Correctional Center 

Glen Austin, Warden 

Facility Data

Opened: October 1984
 *Operational Capacity: 1,625
 Minimum Security Adult Male
 *Population Jacksonville Correctional Center: 1,005
 *Population Greene County Work Camp: 169
 *Population Pittsfield Work Camp: 377
 *Total Current Population: 1,551
 Average Age: 34
 FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $22,543.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
 Jacksonville Correctional Center is the parent institution for Greene County Work Camp and Pittsfield Work Camp
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of
 date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be
 accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week. Offenders are permitted seven (7) visits per month, with no more than three (3) on weekends or holidays.  All visitors must arrive by 6:00p.m.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
2268 East Morton Avenue
 Jacksonville, IL 62650

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 2268 East Morton Avenue
 Jacksonville, IL 62650

Phone: (217) 245-1481
 Fax: (217) 245-1287

Facility Information

Jacksonville Correctional Center is designed to provide for the custody, care and safety of the adult males who have been placed under its jurisdiction. The facility works to provide the inmate population with the skills necessary for a more positive and successful reintegration process back into the community by providing services that focus on the first-time offender as well as the recidivist. The operational and program philosophy, which has been developed at the Jacksonville Correctional Center, focuses on providing opportunities for program participation and increases the range of the individual's responsibility and decision-making authority.

The institution consists of approximately 70 acres of which 24 acres are located within the perimeter fencing. The facility consists of 13 buildings containing in excess of 152,000 square feet. The living units consist of five housing units, one segregation unit and a 7-bed health care unit. The Jacksonville Correctional Center is also the parent institution of the Pittsfield Work Camp and Greene County Work Camp.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•Pre GED (General Education Development)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Custodial Floor Maintenance
•Horticulture
•Construction Trades
•Career Technology

Industries
 •Telemarketing

Volunteer
 •Religious

Other:
•Substance Abuse
•Chaplaincy
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous
•Leisure Time Activity
•Individual Counseling
•Parole School
•Reentry Summits
•Library

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/jacksonvillecorrectionalcenter.aspx
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:28:07 AM »
Although Pittsfield Work Camp is a satellite facility of Jacksonville C.C. it is not located near the prison.  Pittsfield Camp is about 40 miles west of Jacksonville CC on I-72.  Their phone number is 1-217-285-2280.  If you plan on visiting Pittsfield, it would be best to call in advance to receive the particulars for this facility.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mrs. Vega

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:15:18 AM »
Does anyone know of the motel/hotel that is right down the street from Jacksonville Correctional?

Offline debra2010

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »
What is it like to visit there when u have kids my lo was moved from Lincoln an they had toys for the kids just wanting to see wat it was like i have a 3hr drive there an ill b staying the nite in a hotel

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
I take my 3 y/o 3 days a month.  He gets bored after about 2 hrs.  They have lego blocks, kids books, and some board games though.

Offline New person1

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
Any info on Jacksonville my nephew was moved there today from Pittsfield work camp? Visiting, vending machines, things for kids to do, can I take magazines when I go visit. Anything that will be helpful when I visit next weekend?