Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CURRENT DEATH ROW INMATES  (Read 12181 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »

DEATH ROW was abolished in Illinois in 2012!!!

Illinois' Death Row:

Rodney Adkins, 44, for the 2003 murder of an Oak Park woman who walked in on him as he burglarized her condo.

Teodoro Baez, 31, for a 1999 double murder in which the victims were dismembered with a samurai sword after a drug dispute near Chicago.

Dion Banks, 45, for the 2001 shooting death of a woman in front of her two young sons during a carjacking in the Ford City Mall parking lot.

Joseph Bannister, 39, for wounding his ex-girlfriend and killing her sister during a 2000 attack in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.

Ricardo Harris, 43, for the 1999 murder of two Oak Lawn liquor store clerks during an attempted burglary, in which two customers also were injured.

Laurence Lovejoy, 41, for the rape and murder of his 16-year-old stepdaughter, Erin Justice, in 2004 in Aurora.

Anthony Mertz, 31, for the 2001 murder of Rolling Meadows native Shannon McNamara, 21, in her off-campus apartment at Eastern Illinois University.

Brian Nelson, 25, for killing his former girlfriend, her brother, her father and her father's girlfriend outside Peotone in 2002.

Daniel Ramsey, 29, for the July 1996 shooting deaths of two girls, ages 16 and 12, and wounding his former girlfriend and three toddlers in Hancock County.

Paul Runge, 37, for the rapes and murders of a woman and her 10-year-old daughter in their Chicago apartment in 1997.

Cecil Sutherland, 52, for the 1987 abduction, rape and murder of 10-year-old Amy Schulz, of Kell, Ill., in Jefferson County.

Curtis Thompson, 65, for the 2002 shooting deaths of three people, including a sheriff's deputy, in rural Stark County.

Andrew Urdiales, 43, for the 1996 murder of a 21-year-old Hammond woman in Livingston County.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
tina

Keith's Angel Eyez

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »

are all of them in pontiac, does anyone know ???
 or do they have some of the death row in menard, and or statesville ...  ????
Scout

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »

I believe all of DR is at Pontiac.

Together, we CAN make a difference

It's difficult to have a battle of wits with unarmed individuals.
RT

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »

Death Row is at Pontiac. The execution chamber is at Tamms.

Rick

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis
EMERALD

I am what I am

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »

Yes, when you are waiting to be taken to the visiting rooms at Tamms, the execution room is right there in a rotunda where you wait, it is next door to there court room.  It's a very bizzarre feeling knowing how close you are.

like red on a rose.
Lissa

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 08:42:11 AM »

Brian Dugan can be added now and his info is kidnap and murder of Jeanine Nicarico 10 years old, Naperville.
Still love my son

David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

This is so strange to read and comprehend....I just can't imagine.....

Some of these men are no longer listed...

Lovejoy
Nelson
& one other one, maybe Thompson....

Wonder what happened to them???  Only one of them was older.
irish45mj

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »

I just found an article that answers that, SLMS:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7520-Chicago-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d12-Death-Row-inmates-in-Illinois-slideshow

One of those sentenced to die, Curtis Thompson, killed himself in prison.  So did Brian Nelson, 27. Nelson was sentenced to death for the murders of four family people in Custer Park. He hung himself this past April.

Meanwhile, Laurence Lovejoy, 43, was recently taken off death row after an appeals judge ruled Lovejoy deserved a new trial on charges he raped and murdered his 14-year-old stepdaughter.
KSwife

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »

Lovejoys' case was reversed in September 2009 by the Illinois Supreme Court.

Grumpy people are annoying!!!
KSwife

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »

Sorry Irish, you must have posted while I was in the middle of reading...

Grumpy people are annoying!!!
laniard30

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »

Wow, reading this list just shot a shudder through my body.  I have never been "for" the death penalty but reading about a friend of mine being murdered just really angered and saddened me...  Although we went our separate ways in high school, Shannon McNamara was one of my closest childhood friends.  We both grew up in Rolling Meadows, Il. and went to school together for years. We were on the same cheerleading squad, in track together and would just ride our bikes around in the summer having innocent fun.  She was such a good hearted person.  I cannot believe that when she left for college this happened to her!  I have not read the details but will be looking her up right away. I have never really had any personal connection to the issue of the death penalty, just always believed it was wrong.  Right now there are so many fun memories running through my mind and for her life to be cut short at 21 is... well, to say the least devastating.. I cannot believe this!!  I strongly wonder if this will end up changing my mind on the issue...  wc25

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: