Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

VIENNA ON LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED. 
SHERIDAN ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 27, 2014, 01:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Impact Incarceration IDOC  (Read 22655 times)
Forevermah
Administrator

« on: June 13, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »

Click here:

Duquoin BC

Dixon Springs BC

This is from the IDOC site:

The Illinois Department of Corrections operates two adult boot camps and one juvenile camp. The adult camps are located at the DuQuoin State Fairground in Perry County, and at Dixon Springs, at the edge of the Shawnee National Forest in deep southern Illinois. The juvenile camp is located in Murphysboro. Adult inmates must volunteer before the judge and the placement recommendation by the judge is reviewed when the inmate is received at Corrections. Corrections administrators determine who goes to the juvenile camp. Adults may not have been convicted of a serious crime, must be between the ages of 18-35 and not have been sentenced to Corrections more than twice. They cannot have a sentence of more than 8 years. Corrections retains the right to determine who goes to boot camp based on the nature of the crime and whether the inmate can take the regimentation both physically and mentally. The camp is 120-days in length. Inmates may not have visitors for 30 days, and then only immediate family. They are also restricted from phone calls for a period of time. Inmates may possess only what Corrections gives them.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
BootCampPrince

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »

It's actually 30 days before you can make a phone call and 60 days before you can receive a visit, and visits are immediate family, NO EXCEPTIONS.  You are only entitled to 1 ten minute phone call a week.  If you get in trouble you can lose your phone privileges.  Some of the officers will only give you 1 attempt to make your phone call at the time he wants and if you don't get through than your SOL.  I was just released from Dixon Springs IIP Boot Camp last month. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
RJs Mom

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »

BlackPeace,
My son has been waiting to go to boot camp since sept 7th he is at menard.
I have gotten a few letters from him but he hasnt called me as of yet. I have been going out of my mind, I have so many questions to ask you am so glad you are here, He says the time he is waiting is dead time he was sentenced to 4 m0nths at boot camp.
thanks for any info
BootCampPrince

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »

Got your message. And sent you a reply.  Don't worry it shouldn't be too much longer before he gets in.  And yes his time wont start until Day 1 of Boot Camp.
babybone

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »

do u have the dixon springs bootcamp inmate address?
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

Dixon Springs IIP
Vienna Correctional Center/IIP
6695 State Route #146 East
Vienna
Il-62995
(618) 949-3311

It is not listed under "facilities" but there was a "complete alphabetical listing".
babybone

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »

how much after they graduate from bootcamp do they get home?
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

They come home after they are done, but I believe they are on house arrest for 3 months then.   They will give him all his restrictions when they release him.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
babybone

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

When he on house arrest can he leave the house?
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »

Is he on house arrest for parole?  Or as a sentence?

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
babybone

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »

i'm guessing parole cause he said after he's done with boot camp he gotta do parole & house arrest
Dazzler
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 01:11:07 PM »

My imate was on the ankle monitor for the first three months of parole.  He was allowed out for certain hours each week.  Usually for four hours a couple times a week.  Then it increased to eight hours four days a week.  It depends on the PO..but yes, almost everyone gets some free time while on house arrest.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi
babybone

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

does he have to use the hours they give him all together at once?  what if house arest is part of his sentence and he still go out? what does he do for parole?
Dazzler
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »

If he is given free hours off the monitor these hours must be prearranged and entered into the computer that monitors his ankle bracelet...or his monitor will be sending a signal that says he's violating his house arrest...It's all up to the individual Parole Officer and what he feels each parolee should receive.  Some are given eight hours out per day...to job hunt, etc.  It's very individual. 

~ Mahatma Gandhi
BootCampPrince

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

As Dazzler mentioned it's all up to the individual Parole Officer.  I found the ones around Chicago to be a lot more lenient because they have so many offenders to look after.  As with me my Parole Officer came to visit me 2 days after I got out and gave me 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday to look for a job.  After you have been doing good you can ask the Parole Officer for some free time and they are usually good about granting it for you, as long as you don't abuse those privileges.  I've seen people get movement from 9am-11pm Everyday for work and others get no FREE TIME movement at all.  Again the Parole Officer is 100% in control about how much movement you can get.The parole officer visits the Parolee about once a month at random days and times to check up. Sometimes they call you 2 minutes before they arrive and sometimes they don't call at all.  They just make sure you haven't gotten in any other trouble and move on.  They also do random drug tests to make sure your clean.  And if you had a drug/alcohol problem in the past then you might be required to attend classes. 

Keep in mind that House Arrest after Boot Camp is MANDATORY. You must complete a MINIMUM of 90 days and a MAXIMUM of 180 days. As with my situation my Parole Officer came to visit me a week before I hit my 90 days and didn't feel like coming back anytime soon to take me off, even after leaving him 112 messages.  After he went on Vacation and speaking with 20 different people I was able to get ahold of his supervisor and he informed me that they didn't have me listed as a "Boot Camper" and I would have to be on House Arrest for the next 2 years.  After he called my Parent Institute he verified I was a "Boot Camper" and immediately gave me instructions where to take my house arrest equipment to and I was actually given a pair of scissors and permission to cut the ankle bracelet off. Boy did that Feel Good!

To Sum it all up....For a Person that makes about $18 hr and probably no higher level education they sure do have a lot of power.

Just my 2 Cents
Dazzler
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »

LOL..yes I remember J was told to cut his own ankle bracelet off too....that's pretty funny....someone came along later to pick it all up...

~ Mahatma Gandhi
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »

I"m glad you are finally off it BPS.  No one looks for a job  40 hours a week,  but unless you are living with Mom and she is doing everything for you,  you need time to get groceries,  do your laundry and all that.   What is the Parent Institute?  your Dad? 
BootCampPrince

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 02:46:39 AM »

Vienna is the parent institute of Dixon Springs (satellite facility).  Dixon Springs Boot Camp is actually located about 6 miles from Vienna Correctional Center.  It is in the middle of the Shawnee Forest.  It's pretty funny because if someone really wanted to they can EASILY escape and the doors are always open.  But everyone at Boot Camp have a non-violent crime and 8 years or less to serve.  Any besides it's only four months.

As dancer mentioned...You can use your hours wisely...I did all my job searches online and kept proof of where I applied even though my parole officer never asked......So If I wanted I can use the other hours to do something else useful.

babybone

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »

will they give him a couple of hours to go out the first day? or how long he gotta wail til they give him time to go out?
BootCampPrince

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

Technically he is not allowed to leave the house until his Parole Officer arrives.  What happened with me is, the day I after I got home, a guy came and installed the ankle bracelet and the following day my Parole Officer came to visit and gave me movement Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. 

When you leave Boot Camp, whether it's from a car ride or bus, you do not have the ankle bracelet. Now you ask how do they when you got there? They don't.  But they will call your house every few hours until you talk to them.  You are required to call them AS SOON as you get home.  Some people like to "grab" something to eat the day they get home.  They cant monitor the second you get home, but if you get in trouble before you make it home I feel sorry for the consequences.

So to sum it up you have some time before you get strapped with the bracelet but I recommend you wait a day or two to get official movement. 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: