Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 24, 2014, 12:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Violation of Parole.. Sentencing  (Read 1311 times)
missingmyboodre

« on: October 03, 2009, 12:53:45 PM »

So just found out my ex got  another DUI.. ( he got thrown in prison for a DUI last time that is what he is on parole for)  I don't know how someone can be so stupid BUT apparently he is. So my question is how long will they most likely give him since he violated his parole basically  and got another DUI? Will they make him just serve out his parole time or add more to it?! What happens ?

Thanks Teresa
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 01:13:07 PM »

More than likely he has new charges against him.  He'll be held for court in the county and if he's convicted he'll probably get the time associated with a 2nd DUI....plus he'll have to finish out his parole time for the last DUI...it could be several years...

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: