Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 02:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIENNA Correctional Center  (Read 50488 times)
LaurieR

« on: March 09, 2006, 11:46:26 PM »

Vienna Correctional Center 

Randy Davis, Warden 

Facility Data
Vienna Correctional Center
 Opened: November 1965
 *Operational Capacity: 1,887
 Minimum Security Adult Male
 *Population Vienna Correctional Center: 1,634
 *Population Dixon Springs Impact Incarceration Program: 273
 *Total Current Population: 1,907
 Average Age: 32
 FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $22,218.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Vienna Correctional Center is the parent institution for Dixon Springs Impact Incarceration Program (IIP).
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week. Offenders are permitted seven (7) visits per month, with no more than three (3) on weekends or holidays.

No visitor shall be admitted beginning one hour prior to the end of visiting hours.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
6695 State Route #146 East
 Vienna, IL 62995 

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 Vienna, IL 62995 

Phone: (618) 658-8371
 Fax: (618) 658-3609

Facility Information

The mission of Vienna Correctional Center is to protect the public through a system of incarceration, supervision and education by securely supervising offenders while providing a rehabilitative foundation for the offender's reintegration into society. As an incentive to rehabilitate negative behavior and reinforce rehabilitative qualities, Vienna Correctional Center offers offenders access to a variety of programs.

The Vienna Correctional Center, located in southern Illinois, is adjacent to the Shawnee National Forest. The Vienna Correctional Center is Minimum Security Adult Male facility. Vienna Correctional Center sits on 3,500 acres with 40 acres being enclosed by fences. Vienna Correctional Center is the parent facility to the Dixon Springs-Impact Incarceration Program (IIP), which is located in Pope County.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
 •ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)
•Pre-GED 

Vocational:
 •Auto Body
•Auto Mechanics
•Construction Occupation
•Cosmetology
•Custodial Maintenance
•Culinary Arts
•Horticulture
•Barber College
•Job Preparedness

Other:
 •Life Skills
•Substance Abuse (AA & NA)
•Anger Management
•Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program
•Leisure Time Activity
•Chaplaincy
•Library
•Community Work Crews
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Field Services
•Reentry Summits
•Parole School
•TRAC 1
•Volunteer Services - Religious

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/viennacorrectionalcenter.aspx
shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

13 days a little over two weeks. good luck mine just got transfered to Vienna

Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight
LaurieR

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 02:08:27 AM »

Thank you.
Let me tell ya, it's been long but at the same time, it sort of flew by cause I just kept busy. 

Hope all goes well.  Aaron decribes it as a day camp for messed up adults!  LOL

Laurie
shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

hehehehe, Umm Laurie, Can you tell me what they can have and what they can't have my husband wants me to send him one of those guy mags even though I don't want to are they allowed to have those and on Visits what can we bring  I only have DL and I heard SS is not being used anymore is that true for vienna? I don't have any other form except my check book.

Lisa

sorry about all the questions

Shawnssweetcheeks

love conquers all we are peas and carrots hunnybunny and sweetcheeks forever...true love at first sight
LaurieR

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:03:03 AM »

I'm not sure about "guy mags" but I'll ask Aaron when he calls next if he has seen them around and what Kinds he has seen in there already. 
As far as visits... You can take up to $20.00 per person in.  I would say to take quarters because the change machine has been out both times I went.  You can't take anything else into the visit with you.  They make you get a locker (.25) to even put your car keys in.  When I went to visit the first time, the lady at the door was EXTREAMLY easy going.  She didn't care about anything.  She only took my DL and didn't even ask for a 2nd ID.  The 2nd time I went down, a different lady was there and she picked at everything.  She even counted out the $20.00 that I had in dimes, nickles and quarters.  I was over by .30 and she made me lock up the extra money!  Haha!!!  Since it was not my 1st visit, I only had to show my ID.  I would call down there and see what you can use.  Also.... when you are visiting... the guards in the visiting room do things a little differently.  The first guard we had, let Aaron get up and look at the vending machines and tell me what to get.  He couldn't touch the money or put it in the machine but he could at least get up and see what there was.  After about 3 hours, there was a change of guards.  Aaron got up to go up to the machines with me and the guard ripped him a new one!  He was not allowed to get up at all unless he went to the restroom.  Since then, he didn't even try to get up on the 2nd visit cause we didn't want to get kicked out.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Laurie
shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »

Laurie,
Thank you I will call tonight because my long distance start at 9pm and about the vending machines do they have Mountain do because Shawn will want a lot of it. That's the only thing he really askes for.

Lisa

Shawnssweetcheeks

shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »

Also have you passed out any of the IPT Cards there because by the looks of it we are the only too that has someone in vienna.  Can we pass out IPT card I have some

Shawnssweetcheeks

LaurieR

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 11:09:23 PM »

Yes, they have Mt Dew.  As far as the IPT cards go... They were not out till after my last visit.  But honestly, I don't know who you would give them to.  Both times I went for a visit 9am -6pm (both times)... it was only me and one other person visiting.  That was it.  There really is no one around that place.
Laurie
shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »

Oh thats good that they have the Dew hehehe how many times has Arron been in this is shawns third and I hope it's his last.....I sent Shawn some cards I hope I can be able to go visit him but there's no telling because of my van and I can't drive to chicago to get on the bus
Is there a way  your guy can get a message to my guy? if not that's cool

Lisa

Shawnssweetcheeks

LaurieR

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »

I can try.  But just so you know, Aaron is planning his last phone call to me this Sat. (tomorrow) So I won't be able to confirm if he got it or not.  Aaron gets out in 13 days and we decided not to call again.  The bill gets so high and I need that money for gas! 6 hour drive each way with gas at $3.01/gal. is CRAZY!  I told him that he will have 6 hours to talk to me as we drive back.  And then I am going to bed.  Driving 12 hours/plus is going to wear me out.

Just let me know as much info as you can so he gets the right person!  You may want to PM me the info too!

Laurie

shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »

I gave you karma for driving all that way I plan if my van can go down there a day before and then pick him up and drive back that day..... Good Luck Laurie

Lisa

Shawnssweetcheeks

shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 01:34:03 PM »

Laurie,
that's funny I told shawn about talking to you and that your b.f is in Vienna but I didn't tell him that you said that Aaron called it a day camp for messed up adults well I got a letter today and Shawn said it's like a Day Care the guys are like big kids hehehehehe

Shawnssweetcheeks

shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 03:21:20 PM »

Dancer what kind of house is that....and Welcome back.

Shawnssweetcheeks

dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »

I don't know specifics about it,  but it is one of about 4 low cost hospitality houses such as the one near Menard,  for families and friends visiting inmates.  I saw a list of them and wanted to add the information that wasn't already posted.  And Thanks.

Hospitality House of Vienna
504 W Vine St, Vienna IL
618-658-2722
shawnssweetcheeks

The love of my life

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »

oh your welcome

Shawnssweetcheeks

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 06:51:49 AM »

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information -- please review before visiting

On the first visit to any correctional facility, the visitors will be required to have a photo identification, such as a driver's license, a state identification card, or acceptable documentation of non-US citizen including a current passport, Visa, or Matricula, and documentation that includes their social security numbers if US citizens, and date of birth.

Please have two forms of identification; one should be a photo ID for additional visits.

9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. on Weekends and Holidays

No visitor shall be admitted beginning one hour prior to the end of visiting hours.

Facility Address   

Business Mail:
Vienna, Il 62995

Phone: (618) 658-8371
Fax: (618) 658-3609  Inmate Mail:
P.O. Box 100
Vienna, Il 62995

Facility Information   

(Information provided from the Fiscal Year 2003 Annual Report)

The Vienna Correctional Center is a Level 6 minimum-security facility that houses adult male offenders. The facility opened in 1965 and is located in southern Illinois adjacent to the Shawnee National Forest in Johnson County.

The physical design of Vienna Correctional Center is based on the town square concept, which includes the dining facility, library, chapels, commissary, barbershop and gymnasium. The six housing units are positioned in a manner that promotes awareness and interaction with others. The housing capacity of Vienna Correctional Center is 885. Criteria for placement at Vienna Correctional Center requires that an offender be within five years of his anticipated release date, exhibit positive institutional adjustment and exhibit measurable participation in rehabilitative and/or educational programs.

Vienna Correctional Center is the parent facility to the Impact Incarceration Program (IIP) at Dixon Springs, which is located in Pope County. Designated as a Level 7 facility, the IIP was opened in 1990. The bootcamp philosophy is designed to provide a short-term program of labor intensive discipline to include programming geared toward improving self-esteem and discouraging further criminal behavior. The IIP is a co-ed program with a housing capacity for 284 offenders, designed for 50 female and 234 male participants. During FY 2003, the average age of offenders involved in the program was 21 years, with an average daily population of 239 offenders.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
skoswifey

Always & Forever

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 03:26:31 PM »

I'm going to go visit my husband in vienna. I have a 7 month old daughter and i wanted to know what can i bring with me when i go visit? Also how long will i be able to visit him?
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »

Please feel free to discuss, inform and chat about individual prison topics in this thread.   This is a members only area and cannot be viewed by the public.  Please confine your chat to this forum rather than in the Individual Prison Profile forums or Lockdown forums.

Thank you.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
foreverurs07

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »

Does anyone else have a loved one in Vienna CC??

You and me together through the days and nights...I don't worry cuz everything's gonna be alright!!

blsgrl1231

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »

I do forever... but I think you already know that.

blsgrl
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: