Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2014, 01:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I Send Money to an Inmate?  (Read 11511 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:01 PM »

How can I send money to an inmate?

How can I send money to an inmate?
Inmates may receive money via JPAY, Western Union or money order.

Electronic Payments: Funds up to $5,000 may be sent to inmates via the following methods.

* JPAY at www.jpay.com
    * Money Gram locations using the Blue Money Gram Express Payment Form -  receiving code is 7364
    * Western Union at www.westernunion.com or at locations using the Quick Collect Form – code city and state are ILDOC  IL

For all electronic transfer of funds, the inmate IDOC number and incarcerated last name must be used. Funds are anticipated to be applied to the inmate’s account within 24 - 48 business hours. Funds sent during an inmate transfer between facilities may take longer than 24 – 48 business hours.

Money Orders:   PLEASE SEE THIS TOPIC FOR UPDATED INFO ON SENDING MONEY ORDERS TO INMATES:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=14620.0

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: