Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 25, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COOK COUNTY JAIL (Including Inmate Locator)  (Read 116618 times)
Smiles

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »

what is going on wt the mail? I mailed my brother a letter on wednesday wt a money order & he still has not received it! I was informed he barely got a letter someone sent him from like 2-3wks ago! Wonder what's going on. So I have a package ready to send him with books. His kids mom, told me she has sent him some stuff & he received it.(this was before my letter) so im hoping my package does not take too long.  We are in the same city.. What's going on?

Life is like a photograph, you develop from the negatives.
Cashyc

SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »

... SMILES...

I hate to break it to ya but.... get used to it mail at CCJ sucks!   I sent my LO a MO last month on     
    Sept.28th with the reciept from the currencyexchange (we'd prior issues,he thought i didn't send him  monies when in fact i did) showing the date,amount,time... Last week he said he still hadn't recievd it yet.
I told him  "you know the mail their is bad,check your acct.,I did sent it!".GUESS WHAT?  TODAY in my mailbox was his MO with 'return to sender wrong name/inmate #'... I know his ID# by hard!!!  I doublecheckd on the site....sure enuff i had it correct.
     I don't know what they're doing at CCJ. Must have 'illiterates' working their .....
     I hope you have better luck in the future..

IT IS ..WHAT IT IS
smedina

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »

Does ne body know what it means when it says "writ" on the inmate status? and :court" as location? my fiance had court today at 26th and california this morning due to his motion he put in for the 30 days...the judge granted and allowed him to vacate his plea, and said he was going to remand him back to cook county jail...he is still on the idoc website, but not on the cook county sheriff one?? whats going on? i even called the automated ccj number and they said there was no inmate w that name!  he was in bmrcc until wednesday, then he got transferred to stateville and then brought to ccj today for his court...does anybody know what it all means?? i wanna go see him asap!! thank sooo much

When I miss you, sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, but most of the time I just think about what an impact you made in my life, and smile...
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:03 AM »

If it says 'writ' that means he's been moved closer to CCJ for transport to court.  While on a writ to Cook County courts inmates are kept at Stateville.  They usually remain there until the case is finished, if each court date is approximately one month apart. If he's at Stateville he'll be in F house and you'll be able to visit.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
smedina

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »

Thank you soooo very much dazzler!!! u calmed me down ! ok so now i know where he is and where to go for visiting...another ? though...since hes at stateville does he have to ut in his visitor list again?? he was in r&c there in end of janauray he told me he had put a list in but now im not sure if that one is still valid? i dont want to go there and they tell me i havent been approved yet...its not far like 45mins away but still..plus he hasnt called me...and idk whats going on why he hasnt attempted to call so i can ask him...any ideas?

When I miss you, sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, but most of the time I just think about what an impact you made in my life, and smile...
smedina

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 11:21:30 AM »

So i will be setting up the pre paid account tonight for my cell phne for ccj, my bd is in there again got transeferreed from bmr to go through his motion or whatever right  i his days are tuesdays from 9 to 9 i live in illinois and havemy state id however i moved from michigan a few yrs ago still have my valid id and went because i read on the idoc website if ur like 150miles away from chicago,  can go any day during the visiting times, so i went last wed, the co told me it wasnt his day i remindeed her i was from out of state, she looked at my id and asked me if i had ever gone to see him there before, i told her yea once before before he got moved, she told me his days were on tuesdays and they were only going to allow me to see him that night as courtesy! i was like wth? so i took it, i went up to see him told him what they had told me he said she was wrong i could go everyday if i wanted to and they cannot say anything because i am from out of state michigan where im from is like 240 miles away...i was soo upset so i dont know if i should attempt to go up there again to get the same co and have her get an attitude with me what do you guys think?? ne advice??

LStoney

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

Dazz you wrote:

If it says 'writ' that means he's been moved closer to CCJ for transport to court.  While on a writ to Cook County courts inmates are kept at Stateville.  They usually remain there until the case is finished, if each court date is approximately one month apart. If he's at Stateville he'll be in F house and you'll be able to visit.

My bf is at stateville on a writ, violation, does that mean he is in F house & I can go visit him?  His court date is over and the charges were dropped, but he is still there.
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

If you are on his approved list of visitors, yes you can see him while he's at stateville.

crow6737

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »

okay my bf is in cook county in the rehab divison and i was wondering if there is a limit to how many visitors he can have in one visiting day or at one time cuz me and his mom were both talking about going and seeing him this coming up visiting day and i wanted to make sure that we both could before we got up there cuz ive looked around online and stuff and havent found any info on it
Cashyc

SOME CAN..SOME CAN'T

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »

... i have been visiting the past 3months.. and i've never heard/known  of any limitations on visits..
  i've seen as many as 5people visit the same inmate at once..

IT IS ..WHAT IT IS
Essdizzle

"The Stars Will Cry The Blackest Tears Tonight."

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »

My friend was just transfered back to the county from finishing his parole in Statesville. I called the hotline to get his ID # and forgot to get his visiting day and when you call the hotline # now a days it just rings and rings and rings how do I find out when his visiting days are its not posted on the inmate search thingy it says to call to find out how can I get in touch with someone when they never answer their phones!

KSwife

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 11:36:50 PM »

Try this link  http://www.cookcountysheriff.com/

Grumpy people are annoying!!!
HisGirl

Author/Freelance Writer

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

If the website does not give you answers then call this number. However, you should be able to find out using the Inmate locator on the website. For some reason they seem to have discontinued the automated Inmate locator by phone, which to me was more convienient. I always prefer to call though because they have been know to change visiting days. The current phone number(s) I have are 773-869-5345 or 773-869-6321.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Leave the Rest to God.
Essdizzle

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

Thank you ladies! I finally found out when it was his dad went down there to Div 1 and got the info the old hotline # they never pick up so he decided to take a trip to 26th street and find out himself thanks for the #'s though I kept them just in case

HisGirl

Author/Freelance Writer

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Does anyone happen to know why CCDOC changed their system, and why the automated Inmate Locator number is not longer in service?

Because they are not good about answering the phone at all at CCDOC.

Just curious, if anyone has any information on this please post.

Thanks

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Leave the Rest to God.
ptorres

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »

dazzler does the state still give cook county jail money for prisoners?
Essdizzle

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »

I was wondering the same thing they don't answer during the day but they will answer in the wee hours of the morning after 2am

HisGirl

Author/Freelance Writer

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »

I copied and pasted this vistitation for CCDOC off their website. Hopefully what they have posted is legitmate.

Address: 2600 South California Avenue, Chicago Illinois 60608 map

Entrance Directions: Visitation for Division One must enter in the Main Gate, located at 27th and California, just south of the Criminal Courts Buildings.

Inmate Visitation Schedule: Sunday A1, D1, D2, D3, D4
Monday A3, H1, H2, H3, H4
Tuesday G1, G2, G3, G4
Wednesday ABO, F1, F2, F3, F4
Thursday E1, E2, E3, E4
Friday A2, B1, B2, B3, before
Saturday A4, C1, C2, C3, C4
Visiting Hours:
9:00am to 8:30pm

Essdizzle

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »

Wow I Don't know where you found that but thank you for the information now I need to see how I'm going to do it again my brother in law transferred to Div 1 to be with my babies daddy and IDK if they'll let me go 2x's a week to Div 1 they talked crap to me in Div 9 so one day I'd go in the morning and the other day I'd go at night..

tammytamm

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 07:22:12 AM »

Happy Thursday!

Quick question, now that my LO has been moved from Lawrence to Cook County, they have him listed as being housed in Division 15. The CCDOC has no info on that division. Anybody heard of it?

Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: