Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 01, 2014, 08:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DANVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 31943 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:49:53 AM »

Danville Correctional Center 

Keith Anglin, Warden 

Facility Data

Opened: October 1985
 *Operational Capacity: 1,866
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Current Population: 1,818
 Average Age: 34
 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $17,014.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.

All visitors must be checked in by 3:00 p.m.
Facility Address

Business Mail:
3820 East Main Street
 Danville, IL 61834

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 3820 East Main Street
 Danville, IL 61834

Phone: (217) 446-0441
 Fax: (217) 446-9505

Facility Information

Danville Correctional Center encourages positive attitudes, programs and work opportunities for adult males incarcerated at the facility to promote a climate of safe and secure conditions for staff, inmates and the community.

Danville Correctional Center is a medium security adult male institution. The facility has 17 buildings, which encompasses a total of 85 acres. The living units consist of three X-type housing units, one T-type housing unit, one receiving unit, one segregation unit and a 15-bed health care unit. The center houses general population inmates.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)
•Title One Program (Under 21 years old)
•College Remedial
•Associates Degree Program

Vocational:
•Horticulture
•Automotive Technology
•Construction Occupations
•Custodial Maintenance
•Job Preparedness

Industries:
•Cardboard box production
•Screen printing department
•Full sewing line
•Book binding department
•Embroidery department
•Graphic art department

Volunteer Services:
•Education Justice Project (EJP)
•Divine Hope Bible College
•Religious Services
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous
•Upper Level Reading Development Program

Other:
•Social Services and Counseling
•Lifestyle Redirection
•TRAC I
•Parole School Day 1
•Parole School Day 2
•Substance Abuse
•Drug Education
•Anger Management
•Parenting Class
•Psychological Services
•Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program
•Veterans Support Group
•Leisure Time Activity
•Chaplaincy
•Library Services
•Sex Offender Program

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/danvillecorrectionalcenter.aspx

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
dancer
Account Retired

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 03:23:15 AM »

Photos are 2 for $7.00.

You are allowed to hold hands when you are sitting at the table together and you can  hug and kiss when you leave.
Lockers cost $. 50.  Call to check on current ID requirements.  There have been changes at some prisons about SS cards. 

There are random car checks.  Make sure you don't have any knives or other contraband in the vehicle. No baseball bats,  or even unopened liquor is  allowed.   

Kids are not allwoed to run around and have to be fairly quiet or they ask you to leave. 
 All visitors must be checked in no later than 4pm, or have obtained prior permission from the facility's administration.

There are just 6 visits a month allowed and two weekend visits .  Friday is no longer considered a weekend day. 

HOTELS:

Comfort Inn Danville

217-443-8004

Sleep Inn and Suites Danville
217-442-6600

Days Inn Danville
217 443-6600

Fairfield Inn Danville
217-443-3388
BoosMom

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:42:08 AM »

Does anybody have any experience with this institution?  Visiting facility, education, CO attitude, inmate behavior, frequency of Lockdowns...anything and everything.  I did look it up on IDOC, but I am looking for "inside" (read: truthful) information.  I could not find anything on the IPT forums.  Thanks

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.
mlk5358

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »

My man hasn't been in Danville for a decade but while there had earned priveledges and was well treated by the staff. The yard used to be grass and concrete and visitation even allowed picnicing and lying on the grass. They had held a "family picnic" once a year with sports competitions. I hope things are still as well. Sorry I don't have any current info except what is over 3 years old and listed on the official ILDOC website under "facilities".

My man put in for Danville and is now being sent to Shawnee. I now must drive even further than 5 hours...Shawnee is a 6 hour drive for a 4 hour visit. We have gone from visiting 30 hours a month to 20 and the drive is longer.
BoosMom

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »

Thanks for the info!  Any feedback helps.  It would be wonderful if they still used the outside patio and the like for visits.  I can't imagine IDOC allowing family picnics!  Soory to hear that your guy did not get the transfer he wants.  I hope it works out for you.  I know the travel time can be so physically and emotionally draining, but I know your guy appreciates all your efforts to come see him and show him support.  Best of luck to you both!  Thanks.

And never stops at all.
Kinnysbaby

I was this way before the drugs

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 08:47:20 PM »

My husband is at Danville and has been there for about 3 years now. It is a very comfortable place to visit. They use to take pictures but someone messed that up about 3 weeks ago. They have courses and the inmates can get jobs. They have yard and phone privilages. My husband has a key to his own room. the co's there to me are allright, as allright can be in some peoples eyes. the visits are nice, the visiting room has a big window that looks outside, so you do get a nice look out the window, when your mind starts to wonder. once you go visit you feel weird the first time but after a while you get use to the visits. as long as you go and have one thing on your mind and that is visting your loved one, then you will be fine. I have been dealing with the IDOC for 10 yrs come 10/30, and i have come to realize if you just obey their rules and don't have attitudes, like for instance if the waiting room is full and you have not seats or if you come right when it's change of shifts and you just keep you feelings to yourself and not express them in hostile ways then you will be fine. some may not agree with me on this but what ever i do i feel reflects on my husband. And i don't want them to take out on him anything i do that may cause him any problems. it's not hard i do like to express my feelings but i just hold it all in until i see my husband or when i am driving home and i vent by either crying or letting out a good scream on the road. well i hope this information helps the drive from Chicago is about 2 hrs, it all depends on how you drive. plz if you have anymore questions please let me know

take care
Cherokee

when a man gives way to anger, he harms himself
Mahatma Gandhi
BoosMom

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:39:46 PM »

Thanks Cherokee!  I agree with you about keeping a positive attitude- both for yourself and your inmate.  I am not known in my "normal" life for being shy about expressing an opinion, but when I am on a visit, or on the phone with IDOC, I try very hard to remain polite and passive at all times. 

Danville does not sound too bad.  What a shame about the pictures!  Hopefully they will let you have that back.  If my son does move to Danville, I will let you know.  At the moment, we are still trying to figure out if and when he can move, and where he would be allowed to go.  I will keep my eye out for your name on the Boards, and of course let you know if we will both be visiting at Danville!

Thanks for your reply.  I wish you and your husband all the best.
BoosMom

And never stops at all.
Kinnysbaby

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Your welcome, it's always good to meet others. We have to support one another through all of this.

Take Care
Cherokee    tramp12

Mahatma Gandhi
Surfborg

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 10:16:47 PM »

I don't have any experience with the Danville facility.  However, try Villiage Inn Pizza on Gilbert Ave.  Yummy!

"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg
TinkerBella

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 09:30:06 PM »

Has anyone been to Danville recently, I was wondering if they were taking pictures agian? I heard they lost the picture privlegdes,just wondering if they got em back yet? PLEASE let me know!
Kim (>(

Imagine the impossible? Demand the Impressionable! The Resolution is in-destructable ! WE ARE INEVITABLE!!!
Kinnysbaby

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »

My husband is at Danville, as of 2 weeks ago, they were not taking pictures yet. But we are hoping that they will start doing them again.

Cherokee

Mahatma Gandhi
TinkerBella

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 09:38:21 PM »

.). I hope so! My usbands gonna be going there , soon hopefully . Cross my fingers:)
Kim

How's your man like it there?

Imagine the impossible? Demand the Impressionable! The Resolution is in-destructable ! WE ARE INEVITABLE!!!
Kinnysbaby

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »

?>?>?> and welcome to the Danville family. My husband likes Danville, the visit are comfortable and there is alot of movement when they are not on lock down which is not very often. Only when someone acts stupid. They can go to school and get a job if their are available. He will like it there as long as he stays straight and just wants to do his time. But he is lucky to have you and I am sure you will keep him straight.

Cherokee

Mahatma Gandhi
TinkerBella

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 11:21:04 PM »

?>?>?> Thank you soooo much! Yeah I'm in this till theend! I can't wait to get to Danville!He's been in almost 5 years and NO trouble ,knock on wood! One ticket and it's been disputed, many greivances sent, so thats a hard process.He wants to take college classes, but Western don't got squat! He already has his GED , can't wait, it'll really jump start his bit once he gets there. We'll See you there :)
Kim

Kinnysbaby

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 10:50:45 PM »

Prices have gone up on the food at Danville, a sandwich went from $2.50 to $4.00. The card that is being used now cost $5.00. The machine taking pictures was not working these last few weeks so they were taking the money out of the inmates accounts. It's so crazy how stuff has gone up. Tony said the Commissary prices have gone up to. I use to put $20.00 on the card to feed us both, now I am sure that is going to double because the pictures cost 2 for $7.50. Looks like my second job came in handy because on pay check alone with pay for visit and money on his books which I am not complaining about, but for those who like me are still on a tight budget, it just makes it hard. We pay for phone calls and now to feed our loved ones those that decide these prices must think we have or make a lot of money. But this will not stop any of us from visiting or getting phone calls or for sending money, it will just not be a easy as it was before but we will survive.   &*&

Cherokee

Mahatma Gandhi
Doll4BabyBoy

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:07:06 PM »

I am needing some information on Danville
if anyone has a loved one/husband there and
knows the answers I would appreciate it!

1. How long are the visits?

2. Can inmate have a blk TV & radio or do they have to purchase
clear in the facility?

3. Is the inmates locked in cell 23 hours out of 24?

4. How is the phone privileges?    Do they get the phone
in there cell as well in the yard? Do they go through Consolidated phone company?

5. How is the visits?  Do you have to sit across the table
from them, can you kiss when you enter and when you
leave?  Can the inmate move or do they have to stay
seated?

6.. Do they allow Marriages in this facility? Is is certain months
you can Marry?

I see the do allow pictures at visiting that is GREAT!
We havent gotten to do that...

**  I know i have alot of questions, My fiance is wanting to
check into some differant facilities and is thinking about
transferring so I would like to know how the facility is before
he puts in for it **

Thank you so much for your help!

SOME PEOPLE NEVER FIND LOVE BUT I FOUND
THE MAN OF MY DREAMS WHEN I FOUND IT
karen

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 01:14:44 AM »

I would like to know when you go down to Danville, and if you wouldn't mine a person riding with you. I am located in Chicago Bronzeville area. If you want to just send me a email back so I could give you my info? My boyfriend has been down there for nearly two years. He doesn't care for it to much he is looking to transfer. Can you tell me about Logan or Graham or anyone else it would be really  appreciated.
cherylkeel

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

What is Danville like. Do they allow inmates to work there? Do they get more freedom than in Lawrence. Just wondering
 -)-
Surfborg

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »

I'm heading out for a visit with my dad at Danville.  Is anybody else gonna be at Danville today?  Sunday Feb. 25,2007

Surfy

"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »

Have a safe trip Surfy and when you return maybe you'll be able to answer some of Doll's previously posted questions?  You can be our Danville Reporter....lol

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: