Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON  LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 24, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LINCOLN Correctional Center  (Read 31718 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »

Post info here please

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »

Lincoln Correctional Center 

Kess Roberson, Acting Warden

Facility Data
Opened: September 1984
*Operational Capacity: 1,018
Medium Security Adult Male
*Current Population: 908

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting
Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of
date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa,
documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted seven (7) visits per month, with no more than three (3) on weekends or holidays.  All visitors must arrive by 6:00 p.m.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
1098 1350th Street
P.O. Box 549
Lincoln, IL 62656

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
P.O. Box 549
Lincoln, IL 62656

Phone: (217) 735-5411
Fax: (217) 735-5381
Facility Information

It is the mission of Lincoln Correctional Center to provide for the protection of society through the humane and secure incarceration of adult male offenders based upon a foundation of legislative and judicial decisions. The administration is committed toward instilling responsibility and mature decision-making in its offenders. By providing extensive and high-quality educational programs, work assignment opportunities, public services, leisure time activities and religious avenues, the institution is expected to go far beyond the provisions of the minimum necessities of food, sanitation, clothing, housing and medical services to the offenders.

The Lincoln Correctional Center is in Logan County in the City of Lincoln that consists of a total of 14 buildings, which comprise approximately 25 acres.  Of the 14 buildings making up the facility, 11 are located within a double security fence surrounded by five strategically located towers.  The living units consist of five dorm style housing units along with a segregation unit and a 7-bed health care unit.

Inmate Programs

Academic:

ABE (Adult Basic Education)
    GED (General Education Development)
    Associate of Liberal Studies
    Associate of Arts

Vocational:

Business Management
    Commercial Custodian
    Computer Technology I & II
    Construction Occupations
    Food Services
    Horticulture

Industries:

Furniture Shop

Volunteer Services:

Assistance with religious activities
    Storybook Program
    Narcotics Anonymous
    Alcoholics Anonymous
    Incarcerated Veterans Transition Programs

Other:

Job Preparedness
    Life Skills
    Youthful Offender Program
    Substance Abuse Counseling
    Anger Management
    Parenting Classes
    Leisure Time Activity
    Library/Law Library
    Chaplaincy
    Sex Offender Program
    Community Work Crews
    Lifestyle Redirection
    Trac 1
    Toast Masters

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/lincolncorrectionalcenter.aspx
cem31

His ONLY true love!!

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:36:21 AM »

While visiting my l/o yesterday I was made aware of some changes that have taken place, I was told that they are actually rules that have been in place since the males arrived, but sometimes not enforced. First, the reception area is closed from 2:30-3 pm daily, anyone arriving during that timeframe will be asked to wait outside until shift change at 3pm. With that said, if u go in at 3pm as stated then u run the risk that ur l/o will not make it into the visiting room before 3:30 count takes place meaning it may be closer to 4pm (or after) before they make it to the visiting room. My advice is to get there before 2:30pm, especially if ur l/o is not aware that u r coming that day. The 2nd thing I was made aware of is that hoop earrings are no longer allowed, that the rule is they cannot be larger than a penny, but even then, depending on who's at the registration desk, they may still ask you to remove them. I was told that there are changes coming and enforcement of rules that are already in place, I'm really not surprised...lol. Not sure if this nfo matters to anyone else but I thought it was helpful to share. I myself DO NOT enjoy having to delay or make several trips bk to my car after that long drive! =)

The greatest thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and differences but still finds you Absolutely Amazing!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: