• June 30, 2016, 11:30:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2016. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: GRAHAM Correctional Center  (Read 75897 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
GRAHAM Correctional Center
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
Post information here please.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Peanuts

Re: Graham Correctional Center
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:03:07 AM »

Graham Correctional Center  

Billie J. Michael, Warden  

Facility Data
Graham Correctional Center
Opened: September 1980
*Operational Capacity: 2,010
Medium Security Adult Male
*Population Graham Correctional Center: 1,522
*Population Graham Reception & Classification Center: 236
*Total Current Population: 1,758
Average Age: 33
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $19,240.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Graham Correctional Center is the parent institution for Graham Reception and Classification Center.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of
 date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa,
 documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student
 certification.

General Population:
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.  Visitors must arrive no later than 3:30p.m. in order to visit.

No visits are allowed for phase I Orientation inmates

Segregation and Offenders with Non-Contact Visit Restrictions:
 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. No weekends or holidays.  Visitors must arrive no later than 1:00p.m. in order to visit.

Offenders in C-Grade Classification
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. No weekends or holidays. Visitors must arrive
 by 3:30 p.m. in order to visit.

Please note, should overcrowding occur, time limits will be established so all visits may be accommodated.

Facility Address

Physical Address:
 12078 Illinois Route 185
 Hillsboro, IL 62049

Business Mail:
P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, IL 62049

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, IL 62049

Phone: (217) 532-6962
 Fax: (217) 532-6799

Facility Information

Graham Correctional Center houses several special populations, including substance abuse treatment, sex offender treatment and inmates in a kidney dialysis program. Graham continues to offer numerous academic and vocational programs.

Graham Correctional Center is a medium security adult male correctional facility located two miles southeast of Hillsboro on Route 185. Graham is located on 117 acres and has 50 buildings within the facility.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Construction Occupation
•Auto Body
•Auto Mechanics
•Custodial Maintenance
•Computer Technology
•Business Management
•Cooperative Work Training Program
•Print Management
•Job Preparation

Industries:
•Furniture Making

Volunteer Services:
•Religious Services

Other:
•Orientation
•Title 1
•Special Education
•TRAC I and II
•Parole School I and II
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Life Skills
•Substance Abuse
•Leisure Time Activity
•Library
•Sex Offender Program
•Chaplaincy
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/grahamcorrectionalcenter.aspx

Offline mymanT

Re: GRAHAM Correctional Center
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »
I don't know if this is where I need to ask this but does anyone know what time you need to be at Graham to pick up someone that is being released? Thanks in advance for any information.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
I don't know if this is where I need to ask this but does anyone know what time you need to be at Graham to pick up someone that is being released? Thanks in advance for any information.

Best thing to do is call them (217) 532-6962  and ask what time your LO will be released and how/where you need to be to pick him up.  You don't want to miss that.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mymanT

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:39:44 PM »
Ok thank you. No I absolutely do not was to miss it.

Offline hgarcia14

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 02:02:36 PM »
Hi everyone,  my lo is looking to get transferred to Graham and I was just looking for information/experiences from those of you who have or have had someone at Graham.  Any info on visits, CO staff, food and anything else is appreciated!

Offline mao0811

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
I just have to share about my experience to Graham thus far...So my fiance transferred there two weeks ago and I visited for the first time last week. I arrived, wearing modest clothing. Or so  I thought. I was wearing a sweater that was not V-lined or anything and was told that I had to go change. Luckily I had a normal t-shirt in my car. Then I go to buy a vending machine card, and it takes my $5 and the staff can do nothing about it... Then by the time I sit down, an hour has passed and I finally get to go be checked. Once I'm in the visiting room, I have to wait 30 more minutes for him to even come in. Its crazy! Today I went again, arrived at 10am, didn't get to sign in until 10:30 and didnt get to go back until 11:15. They had a waiting room with I kid you not, 30 people. So, I wait in the visiting room for another 30 minutes. So now, almost two hours of my time has been taken up by just waiting around. He finally comes - we get food, the whole 9 yards... and then its 2 oclock, and they're telling us our time is up. Its crazy, I spent more time waiting and driving than I got to sit in the uncomfortable tables. I understand they are a receiving prison, but good lord they need to make it so people can go back quicker. Other than waiting forever, it's not that bad of a place. They are very very strict on clothing and mean it when they say a t-shirt neckline. The food and stuff is pretty good, my fiance was excited they had ice cream, cause he was previously at Centrallia. Part of me just says hell, give me the extra hour of driving time and send him back to Centralia. Just frustrating and disappointing when time gets cut short...:(

Offline westerly

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 04:21:20 PM »
My son has been at Graham for a number of years now.  There can be a wait, especially on the weekends. I come in from the east coast so they are usually fast in getting me in to see my son. This past summer I had to change a shirt I had on because the sleeves were too short.  The neckline was fine, I just had to cover more of my arm. They do have a nice selection of food and drink in the visiting room.  Compared to  the other 2 places my son was previously held, this place is like a country club.  The CO's tend to be more relaxed and nice as compared to the other places also. 

Offline Jkile01

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »
Hi everyone--my nephew is about to be transferred to Graham from Hill.  I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but he was led to believe that some of his  'adult' photos and magazines might not be allowed at Graham, that they are stricter there.  I told him I would ask and see.  I know Graham has a sex offender program (my nephew's incarceration is not related to anything like this) so I thought maybe they were stricter for that reason, if they are?  I am a little embarrassed even asking but I said I would.  Thanks for your help!